Leadership Reflection - Part 4

Part 4 – Finding Your Passion



According to an introduction from the Wikipedia, Ten thousand villages (website, https://www.tenthousandvillages.com/) is a nonprofit organization that markets handcrafted products made by disadvantaged artisans from more than 120 artisan groups in more than 35 countries.  It was founded by American Edna Ruth Byler in 1946 to fight against poverty she witnessed. It is a founding member of the International Fair-Trade Association and a certified member of Fair-Trade Federation. This fair-trading art piece is the passion I can envision myself to share.

I am an Artist ---- by @hilihouserock.com
Driven by passion,
seized by obsession
delighted by creation
enthralled with expression
entranced by vision
diverted by daydreams
filled with emotion
fueled by compulsion
consumed with beauty
and blindsided by inspiration

A couple of years ago, I was so distressed with a situation of widespread denials for who I am. One day, I was sitting in a coffee shop surfing a social website “pinterest.com”, I saw this poet that made me sobbed unstoppably. Every word, this is the poet wrote me out. I was so emotional because I knew, despite the pressure, I was supported as well by a lot who understand me, understand my jokes, my thoughts, and my vision. Since never before but that day, from an engineering background, I discovered my new identity for who I am: I am an Artist, for a start.

I know how to use my words verbally to describe the beauty I see and the joy I feel, I know the proud when the beauty and joy I introduced being understood widely, and I understand every art piece is the beauty that been introduced by the artist who mixed-in this artist's own passion, own emotion and own dream for who the beauty-introducing artist is.

I want to help painters who can paint out their fascination to be recognized, singers who can sing out their joy to be endorsed, and craftsmen who can craft out their expression to be accredited… I want to help these artists to know that there are tons of people who understand the beauties being introduced through their art pieces, not just big works but small pieces as well, and fairly.

Finding my passion

Financial stress is not something special to artists only in developing countries, but fair price for even a small piece of art may mean stable income and good comfortable living to them if I can help to find opportunities to let the beauty of the art pieces to be introduced to the people who understand.

As a none profit organization, Ten Thousand Villages has a passion for fair trade art pieces. It has established long-term trade relationships with groups that work with craftspeople and artisans in developing areas to produce crafts that are more likely to be sold in North America, such as handmade home décor and gifts from around the world. The prices are determined by a combination of what the artisan believes fair and demand in the foreign market. (Wikipedia).

I share the passion what Ten Thousand Villages is devoted to. In their mission to create opportunities for artisans to make income through trading,

I can help to promote to make theme-order craft art pieces for business or festival events,

I can help to expand its distribution channel, to introduce it to my favorite stores such as Marshalls, which also have their own crafts arts collection corners.

I can help to raise funds to purchase more craft art pieces from developing areas, and to recruit people to open more stores;

I can also help those artists to learn how to manage their income and to better their living situation;


References

Ten Thousand Villages, Retrieved from https://www.tenthousandvillages.com/about-mission/
Wikipedia (2018) Ten Thousand Villages. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Thousand_Villages


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Leadership Reflection

Leadership Reflection – Part 2

Leadership Reflection - Part 5