Personal Transformation & Leadership Reflection Essay

A couple of days ago, I have received my mailed-in MBA diploma, the following is from my "Personal Transformation & Leadership Reflection Essay". ----April 18th, 2019

From “<chroniclenote> - I am an Artist

Personal Transformation & Leadership Reflection Essay

When I applied for this MBA education, I was interviewed by the University about why I want to have an MBA and what will be my concentration, I said I want to know how I can start my own business, I want to learn where to start if I walk into a for-rent space. The specialization program I enrolled in is General Administration.

“MBA is a graduate degree that focuses on the analytical, functional, and ethical applications of business (Walton University, 2019).” Since MBA 501, I have learned to make reasonable judgments
based on economic theories (models) and structured field analysis, forces analysis and SWOT analysis. The case study approach trained me with first-hand managerial situational cases and I learned to perform financial analysis and reporting, to use the framed analytical technique to delineate the business situations, to relate theoretical perspective, and to propose ethical valued business solutions.

“The decisions made by individual managers and consumers generate the fundamentals of market supply and demand, governing the prices and quantities sold in all economic transactions (Jonah Rockoff, 2019)”. In MBA502 and MBA508, I have learned prices decided by supply and demand guides investment and production in the market economy, managerial finance is the science that combines economic principles and accounting practices to assess and decide investment scale, cash flow, product price, and productivity. I learned accounting concepts to effectively monitor and allocate resources in business operational practices, I learned value-based financing principles to create values in marketing, production, etc. and I learned the decision-making process to conduct capital budgeting, flow valuation, report interpreting and ratio analysis for performance and trend evaluation.

“Marketing management is the process of developing strategies and planning for product or services, advertising, promotions, sales to reach desired customer segment (Wikipedia, 2019).” In MBA 504 and MBA 506, I have learned the science of marketing covers product development, brand management, customer and business relationships, media research, and market segment analysis. I learned elements of the marketing mix, I learned theories to decide policies for products, promotion, distribution, and pricing to achieve profitability, and I learned the exchange rate theory, managerial framework, analytical formula, and economic policies for globally diversified business.
           
“Effectively designed operations can be a powerful source of growth (Drake, 2019)”. In MBA 507, MBA573 and MBA 555, I have learned business strategy is the science to understand operational challenges and to manage an organization’s profitability and growth. I learned the importance of creating sustainable competitive advantage, I learned skills to conduct value-based competitiveness analysis, comparative costs evaluation and strategic market positioning, and I learned risk modeling, quantitative risk assessment, and risk relationship with financial leverage in corporate evaluation, etc.

Leadership is the action of leading employees to achieve goals. It plays an important role in employee performance and productivity (Kadian-Baumeyer, 2018)”. In MBA 503 and MBA 513, I have learned leadership is a scientific identifying process to assess an individual’s style with effectiveness in leading, managing and directing, and a social influence process that relates the individual with motivating employees in achieving objectives. I learned leadership theories & skills and the importance of value-based leadership commitment, I learned leading is to face an organization’s external and internal challenges and I learned theoretical models to analyze what, why and how to lead an organizational change in facing its challenges.

... Now, I have the confidence that I have learned knowledge that enables me to lead an organization to face its challenges or to start a small own business.

----February 3rd, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MBA Leadership Reflection

Leadership Reflection – Part 2

Leadership Reflection - Part 5